What to expect for housing and mortgage in 2017
Are you thinking of buying or financing a home this year? Wondering what impact the recent administration change will have on real estate and mortgage financing? What about the outlook for 2017 here in Central Texas?
I will be addressing some of these questions and more in this and future editions of my email newsletter and blog. You will receive valuable information and commentary on questions such as:
- What is the forecast for the Central Texas Real Estate market – is now a good time to buy?
- What are interest rates expected to do this year – should I refinance?
- What if I have bruised credit and need some help preparing to buy a home this year?
- What is the Trump administration planning regarding mortgage regulation, Dodd Frank and the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau?
- What should we expect from Ben Carson in his new role at HUD, and what happened with the rollback of the FHA mortgage insurance?
- What is all the talk about possibly restructuring Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac – what will that do to the housing market?
Answers and comments to these questions and more will be coming soon in upcoming segments from Everist Mortgage. Stay tuned and let me know what other questions or topics you’d like to know more about. The good news is that this year is shaping up to be a strong and healthy one in the Central Texas real estate market, and projections are optimistic. Rates are very low right now, and I’d love to help you or someone you know with a personalized assessment of options. Please give me a call or email if I can help!